Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What it means to commit

I volunteered as a timer for a children's swim meet this past Saturday and I learned a lot about determination.  There were children of all different skill levels yet I noticed that even though some of the kid's strokes were not the best, they still won.  And what I noticed was that the ones who won had such drive and concentration.  They had focus.  You could see it in their eyes, in their body language, in the way they attacked the swim from the start. 

I have had this type of laser beam focus in my life but I have lost it lately.  When I am inspired about something, I tend to focus on it like those kids at the swim meet.  In thinking what might inspire me, I am pretty sure a killer outfit for Santa Speedo will do the trick.

So I'm off to Hancock's Fabrics this weekend to buy fabric, etc and start sewing my costume.  I have a pic of my perfect body type hanging on my fridge and maybe what will work is to take a pic of me in the outfit and hang it next to my ideal/goal.  That will get me back on track.

It's hard controlling my body weight almost entirely through diet.  In the past, I could ride for 6-7 hours and know I would melt off a lot of fat.  There is a lot more pressure to watch every morsel I eat and that has been a shift that I find myself resisting.  But resisting it is futile as with only 24 days to go, every minute and calorie count.

Last year's bikini.

No comments:

Post a Comment