Friday, November 11, 2011

Less than 30 days to go

29 days to go to my big race of the year.  But instead of this being an endurance race of miles, it is a challenge to see how thin I can get and how creative my costume will be for this year's Santa Speedo Run. 

The race was held in Va Highlands the past 2 years, but this year it is on Peachtree Street in Midtown meaning even more people will see our crazy butts running down the street nearly naked in our speedos and bikinis.

I love events like this because they force me to do my best to eat a clean diet and shoot for a weight goal.  And this year isn't any different.  I weighed in yesteray at 134.4. pounds and although that is NOT fat by any means for a 5'8" female, it is also not what I would consider super lean.  Lean for me is when I break 130.  So I have 29 days to lose 5 pounds and that may not sound hard but those of you who diet know that when you get down to the last 5 pounds, it is the hardest.  To give you an idea, I weighed in my skinniest in high school at about 124-126 lbs and I was rail thin.  So 129 is going to take some effort given all that has been going on in my life.

I'm still dealing with the effects of trying to regulate my thyroid hormone and that VASTLY effects how much I can exercise and the intensity of it.  Nonetheless, I know how to eat clean and lose weight.  It's very simple.  NO PROCESSED FOOD.  I will eat eggs, baked chicken and fish, and steamed veggies and also some fruit.  I will allow myself to eat sweet potatoes because they help me stave off the horrible hunger that comes if I don't eat any starchy foods.

My other motivation will be my outfit.  I plan on creating and sewing it myself.  A plain red bikini was fine for last year but this year I am taking it to a new level of creativity.  I will save that story for another post.

Wish me luck as I have always caved in the past when I had a goal of becoming very lean.  I typically get to thin and then quit.  I have never pushed it past that stage.  And yes, I am WELL aware I am recovering from surgery right now.  I am not going to do anything stupid.  I am just eating lean foods...but please know I am eating LOTS of them.  I am NOT starving myself.

Here's to looking fabulous on December 10th.  Look for out for the many funny blogs between now and then.  Love to all of you!  P

No comments:

Post a Comment